Pages

The Toner Edit

To tone or not to tone? That is the question. I'm definitely a 'to tone' kind of girl so thought I'd share my favourite toners.


According to Caroline Hirons, toners have the following functions: to balance, exfoliate, hydrate and penetrate (check out her toner cheat sheet here). I've tried to match up to this criteria and have found the following products that are perfect for my skin. 

Aesop B & Tea Balancing Toner 
This is the toner I use most nights. It's very soothing and balancing, so ticks the first box on the CH toner function list. It says it's suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, so this is one I would definitely recommend. The associates at Aesop are very helpful so if you wanted to give this a try just go to your nearest counter and they will load you up with samples. 

Caudalie Eau de Beauté
The scent of this product is very hit or miss with people but, I love it. It's got a very strong mint scent and I love to use this in the mornings especially if I need a bit of a pick me up. It's also great to just spray onto your hands and smell if you're feeling a bit off (and perfect for long haul flights). 

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner 
This toner is more of a once or twice a week affair, so I'll use it that often in place of my Aesop toner at night and the exfoliating toner box is ticked. 

Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner 
I like to use this after I apply the Clarins toner, yep that's right, double toning action. This product is alcohol and paraben free and suitable for all skin types. Plus, it's a bargain - I picked it up for under $10 at Chemist Warehouse. 

How do you guys feel about toners? Do you or don't you? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment