Pages

Best Beauty Buys - France

France, the country of love, fine food and wine or as I see it, the country of skincare. As all us makeup obsessed would know, the French take their skincare seriously. Their pharmacies are dominated by skincare products that are just oh so lovely and that we cannot easily purchase in Australia (and most other parts of the world)

So, it was my mission whilst in France to stock up on these great products to keep my skin feeling and looking happy. After much watching of Lisa Eldridge's French skincare videos, I purchased the following in a random pharmacy on the Champs Élysées (although I've heard the pharmacy on Rue du Four is great):





Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum
As featured in my post on serums this has a thin, milky consistency and instantly packs moisture back into your skin.

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP
This popped up in my August Favourites and is perfect for dry skin. It is an anti irritation/anti scratching balm that sorts out any dry patches or eczema prone areas.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo 
This is a much talked about product that helps to soothe the skin and rid it of any imperfections. A great step to add in before moisturiser!

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
A staple of many make up artists this is the perfect when in doubt moisturiser. It is a no nonsense product that is guaranteed to get your skin back into hydrated shape.

Bioderma Crealine h20 
I think I've harped on enough about this product; it's the perfect first cleanse and easily removes all makeup.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
This lives on my bedside table and I use it overnight as a lip treatment. It is nice and thick so is also perfect for chapped lips.

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 
A soothing and repairing balm that can be used on your body, face and lips. A saviour for any skin irritations and for those of you with sensitive skin.

Have you got any French skincare staples? Let me know in the comments below.


11 comments:

  1. Pharmacy Fouhety is the one on Rue Du Four and it is indeed fantastic but so, so tiny. Moving around in there is so difficult because it's always so busy but the staff are very helpful so if you know what you want they will take you straight to it or even recommend products if you have a general idea of what you would like to buy. I spent about 45 minutes in there and then had to get out, it was just too much with all the people and I wish I had spent more time in other pharmacies rather than just focusing my whole shopping experience there. Having said that they do have fantastic deals and the largest selection of products I saw in any pharmacy in Paris so it is worth the trip but some preparation (a list) is a good idea!

    I have loved all the french skincare I have used, I tend to have bad luck with the moisturisers though.. The only french brand I haven't loved is Avene, I haven't used anything I've loved from their range yet.

    My all time favourite is Bioderma's foam face wash. It's a serious favourite and I hate that they don't sell it in Australia.

    Ahh you've made me want to go back to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I will definitely have to pop in when I'm in Paris although it does sound a bit hectic!

      That's unfortunate about Avene, I have quite a few products from them that I love!

      I've never tried the Bioderma foam face wash - I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete
  2. I will definitely check out La Rose-Posay soon, it seems like a great brand with a nice range of products :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Bioderma Crealine h20!! I dont know why I waited so long before trying it! I tried to get my hands on some La Roche Posay products during the 40% sale but they were all sold out, understandably! Embryolisse is a product I always hear MUA's using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? Yeah, I can understand why it was sold out! You should try and get your hands on some of the products next time xx

      Delete
  4. Bioderma Crealine and Effaclar Duo are definitely my French skincare staples. I use these on a daily basis! I've tried the Bioderma Sebium as well but definitely prefer the Crealine. I find it's less irritating and drying xo Jess

    Your Daily Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great products! That's interesting about the difference between Sebium and Crealine xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love bioderma and I will definitely check the other products out next time I'm in France!

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, you can buy a lot of this now in england from sites such as escentual.com - I love bioderma and caudalie x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete